Joseph M. Olivacz,
D.C., C.C.S.P., C.S.C.S., Certified Graston Practitioner, Advanced Certification in Whiplash
Dr. Olivacz is a graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, Missouri. He specializes in family chiropractic care as well as the treatment of athletes and injuries due to Motor Vehicle Accidents. He also holds degrees in Human Biology from Logan College of Chiropractic and Adult Health and Wellness from Bloomsburg University.
Since graduating from chiropractic college, Dr. Olivacz has earned the following certifications:
● Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP) since 2001
● Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) since 2002
● Certified Graston Practitioner since 2009
● Advanced Certification in Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego (1 of only 9 in the state of Maryland) since 2007
As a graduate from this course, Dr. Olivacz, received the most in-depth, science based training available today.
- Physics of Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Human Biomechanics
- Diagnostic & Evaluation of Personal Injury Trauma
- Management & Forensic Documentation Principles in
- Impairment Ratings & Forensic Reporting
- Medico legal Fundamentals for Practioners & Forensic Experts
Dr. Olivacz is trained in using the Graston Technique® which allows him to better detect and treat these areas because it uses a stainless steel instrument that glides along a patient's muscle, tendons or ligaments and acts like a "scar tissue" stethoscope. When knots or bands of scar tissue are encountered, both the doctor and the patient sense a restriction or a granular feeling. The instrument can then be used to "break up" this restriction or adhesion. Stretching exercises are then used to promote re-alignment of the fibers so that they behave more like normal, healthy tissue.
Dr. Olivacz is also a team chiropractor for a local high school football program.
Dr. Olivacz specializes in family chiropractic care as well as the treatment of athletes. He also holds degrees in Human Biology from Logan College of Chiropractic and Adult Health and Wellness from Bloomsburg University.
Dr. Olivacz has always had an interest in athletics-not only in the prevention and treatment of sports-related injuries-but as a participant, as well. In high school Dr. Olivacz lettered in baseball and football, and continued his baseball career into college and continues to play in the Harford County Over-30 League.