Lower back pain can cause difficulty walking, sitting, and can affect your overall quality of life. However, chiropractic care can help treat your lower back pain by addressing the root cause of the discomfort and ensuring the pain does not return. If you are in Bel Air or Havre de Grace, MD, schedule an appointment with Chiropractic Centers of Drs. Campanella & Olivacz for natural back pain relief.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
The musculoskeletal system is a complex system comprised of bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and nerves to support the body and help you with movement. Unfortunately, any injury to these components can cause back pain and other symptoms. The common causes of lower back pain we see at our clinic include:
- Strains and Sprains: Injuries, muscle spasms, awkward twists, and muscle tension may cause the tendons and ligaments in your back to overstretch, causing soreness, pain, and limited mobility.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the spine may compress the spinal nerves and other structures, causing pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal column may compress the spinal nerves, causing pain.
- Sciatica: If the sciatic nerve is compressed, you will experience pain that runs from the lower back to the back of a leg.
- Herniated Disc: When the disc that cushions your vertebrae shifts out of place, it may compress a nearby nerve, causing pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Osteoarthritis: This inflammatory disease causes the cartilage cushioning the bones to wear out, causing bones to rub against each other.
- Osteoporosis: As you grow older, your bones become porous and fragile, making breakages more common.
If you suffer from back pain that doesn’t go away, it’s time to see our chiropractor in The Woodlands. Our chiropractic team uses natural methods to treat the root cause of your pain.
Risk Factors for Lower Back Pain
While everyone is at risk of back pain, certain people are more likely to develop back pain. Some risk factors for lower back pain include:
- Sitting for a prolonged period of time for work or school
- Lifting weights
- Participating in strenuous activities
- Excess weight
Chiropractic Care for Lower Back Pain
Our chiropractor effectively treats back pain after diagnosing the root cause. We can achieve this by running various tests and assessing your medical history to understand the type of condition you’re experiencing and its severity. If necessary, we may request x-ray images to pinpoint the exact location of your back pain. After proper diagnosis, we may administer any of the treatments below:
- Spinal Manipulation: This treatment aligns spinal joints, removing restrictions that impede the optimal performance of the nervous system.
- Spinal Decompression: This therapy uses a specialized table to create spaces in the vertebrae column to lift pressure off the nerves.
- Massage Therapy: This treatment is used to alleviate tension and stress in the muscles and promote blood flow to the affected area.
- Lifestyle Advice: We can recommend ways to void lower back pain in the future and how to better protect your back health throughout daily life.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you have lower back pain, our team at Chiropractic Centers of Drs. Campanella & Olivacz in Bel Air and Havre de Grace, MD, can help. To schedule your initial consultation, call our Bel Air office at (410) 893-8339 or our Havre de Grace location at (410) 939-4488 today. When you’re looking for a chiropractor near me, we are ready to assist you!