Are you suffering from pain in the neck? Any neck discomfort is usually not good news. Neck pain disrupts your movement and lowers your quality of life. Thankfully, you don’t have to “learn to live” with your pain. Visiting a chiropractor can bring the much-needed pain relief. At North Park Chiropractic Center serving Havre De Grace, MD, and Bel Air, MD, we offer numerous chiropractic treatments to help you recover and manage your pain.
Your neck is composed of flexible yet tough structures to facilitate turning and supporting your head. However, this doesn’t mean your neck isn’t vulnerable to injuries and disease. The following are common causes of pain in the neck:
- Whiplash: If your head jerks back and forth suddenly, this pressure may injure your neck’s ligaments and tendons. If you have a whiplash injury, symptoms may include dizziness, headaches, pain, and stiffness.
- Osteoarthritis: This condition causes degeneration of the joints, which leads to pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of passages in the upper back may compress the nerves, which results in pain in the back, neck, and shoulders.
- Poor posture: If you sleep, sit, or stand in an unnatural posture, this may strain your neck, resulting in pain and immobility. Tech neck, a condition that can cause pain in the neck, occurs when you lean forward, putting pressure on your neck, back and shoulders.
If you have pain in the neck lasting more than a few days, you may not need painkillers. Instead, visit us for a long-lasting solution.
How a Chiropractor Helps
Neck treatment at our chiropractic clinic starts with a diagnosis. Here, we scrutinize your medical records and analyze your symptoms to determine the cause of your pain. Next, we carry out a limited physical exam to determine the areas of discomfort. If the results aren’t conclusive, we may request x-rays.
After diagnosis, care may involve:
- Neck adjustments: Cervical adjustments help align your out-of-position neck joints. As a result, you may experience reduced pain and better mobility.
- Stretching exercises: Whether you have acute or chronic pain, physical therapy exercises help strengthen your muscles and improve mobility.
- Lifestyle counseling: We educate you on lifestyle changes, including better posture, stress and weight management to reduce pain.
One of the most effective ways to prevent pain in the neck is practicing correct posture when sitting or using digital exercises. Besides, avoiding smoking, maintaining the correct body weight, and frequent stretching can prevent pain.
Visit Us for Chiropractic Care
Are you struggling with neck pain? Chiropractic care can help with pain relief. So, if you are in (410) 939-4488 Havre De Grace, MD, or (410) 893-8339 Bel Air, MD, please schedule an appointment with us at North Park Chiropractic Center. Call us to help achieve your wellness goals.