With the shoulder being one of the largest muscle groups in the body, it's no wonder that it is also a muscle group that is susceptible to injuries and pain. The shoulder is essential at helping us complete everyday activities from lifting things with our arms, to moving things around with our muscle groups, and also playing sports. The shoulder is used for all of these activities, so when you suffer from shoulder pain, even something as simple as lifting a glass of water can seem difficult.
Because of this, it can be important to get help as soon as possible from a trained chiropractor to treat your shoulder pain. A chiropractor can help determine the root cause of your pain and create a treatment plan that works for you and is natural and noninvasive. At North Park Chiropractic in Havre de Grace, MD, we are here to help our clients live free of shoulder pain and other types of ailments.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain has a wide range of causes, and it can affect anyone at any age, no matter their fitness levels. Some of the most common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Previous injuries due to sports, such as rotator cuff tears, little league shoulder, and injuries from lifting or dislocated shoulders.
- Arthritic pain due to the wearing down of the cartilage in between the shoulder joint.
- Bursitis, an inflammation of the bursa sac that provides fluid and lubrication for the joints.
- Tendonitis, an inflammation of the surrounding tissues in the shoulder joint.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Shoulder Pain?
Because there are many causes to shoulder pain, a chiropractor on our chiropractic team can first conduct a comprehensive physical exam to help determine the root cause. He will then help provide treatment for shoulder pain, which can include:
- Spinal adjustments designed to realign the spine, restore balance, and take pressure off of surrounding tissues and nerves around the spine, including the shoulder.
- Massage therapy to alleviate pain from inflamed and sore muscles around the joint.
- Muscle exercises to help restore mobility and function in the shoulder muscles, which might have soft tissue tears.
- Trigger point therapy to target specific soft tissue injuries around the shoulder.
Find Relief You Deserve Today At North Park Chiropractic
At North Park Chiropractic, we are here to help our patients live free of pain, and help them have chiropractic care at their disposal. That's why we offer help from a chiropractor on our team to treat your shoulder pain and other ailments. Call us at (410) 939-4488 to schedule an appointment at our clinic in Havre De Grace, MD.